So Many Great OT Approaches For Autism –
How Do You Choose What Is Best For Each Client?
One occupational therapist’s practical perspective on providing therapy within the NDIS framework.
|22nd July 2022
|9am – 5pm
A practical approach informed by:
- Importance of Attachment and Attunement
- Kim Barthel’s Psycho Sensory Processing
- Mary Kwar’s Vestibular- Visual-Auditory Triad
- Anita Bundy’s Play
- Tina Champagne’s Sensory Modulation
- Primitive Reflex Integration
- Brief Overview of OT Approaches and Interventions combined to form a whole child and whole family model of practice.
- Historical understanding of Autism plus Autistic Adults now informing best practice for therapeutic interventions.
- Child Centered practice in 12-month-olds to 5 years including therapeutic use of self
- Session Planning and session running for children aged from Kindergarten to Year 6
- Session Planning and session running for children aged Year 7 to Year 12
- The power of Non-Verbal Communication for managing avoidant behaviours in session and to maximise participation in session
- Anxiety Management strategies for different situation e.g. sensory modulation, sensory regulation, transitions, timers, social stories, holding emotional space, emotional coaching
- Vestibular Visual Auditory Triad including Primitive Reflexes
- Attachment and Attunement
- Therapy games for Functional Ideation, Impulse control, Choice making, Working memory
0408 928 235
12 Mimosa Dr,
Port Macquarie NSW 2444